The BUILD Grant is part of an incubation programme which includes a grant of £1,000 GBP each to five individuals looking to BUILD their podcasting careers. With a focus on hands-off creative development, they’re offering people the opportunity to expand their skills or attempt projects that would otherwise be unfeasible. Categories of grants will be paired to the five BUILD pillars: Marketing, Business, Personal Development, Storytelling and Production.
Broccoli Productions is looking to support and encourage talent within their industry by offering grants for the development of their creative practice, skills, and projects in the following categories (given examples of projects given for each category are non-exhaustive):
- Personal Development
- £1000 GBP towards the specified project
- Gifted yearly membership to BUILD on Patreon
- 1 on 1 time with a member of the BUILD evaluating panel to overview the project and troubleshoot issues.
Uses of funds
The BUILD Grant must be used exclusively to fund the Project (e.g. Project related equipment and resources, or to finance the Project production budget) as part of a self improvement project, be that personally or content wise. The grant cannot be used to pay outstanding bills or any pre-existing debts or commitments.
Who can apply?
- Business Grant – People who are independent podcast small business owners (for this grant, annual turnover under £75k), aspiring Podcast business owners, and podcast contractors registered as Sole Traders or the equivalent in their territory.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications open globally except Russia and any other territories currently sanctioned by HMRC and/or the UK Government.
Advice for Entrants
- Make sure you note the word count. You may want to draft your answers on a separate document before writing in form.
- They will only be accepting submissions written in English.
- Look to include as much factual information as you can on your proposed project i.e. timeframes, allocated budget, list of resources required, etc.
Deadline: September 21, 2023
For more information, visit Broccoli Productions.